PHEW! We have had a very busy week looking after our flour babies! This week we were given the task of looking after and caring for our flour baby as if it was a real baby. We were very lucky to have two teachers speak to us about birth and looking after a new baby, and we even got to see a real nappy being changed. We definitely learnt a lot about the responsibilities of being a new parent.
Some of the things we enjoyed this week were:
- Naming our new babies
- Finding out the gender
- Our babies kept us company
- When we were bored, our babies made us happy
- We enjoyed reading to them
- We enjoyed singing to them
- Some of us enjoyed holding them
Things we found challenging this week were:
- Holding the baby (our arms hurt!)
- Not being able to do what we want
- Having our babies all the time
- Finding a responsible babysitter
- Going to the toilet!
- Not being able to leave our baby
- Eating our dinner
- Getting Dressed
- Being Embarrassed when out with our baby
Things we learned this week:
- Looking after a baby is HARD work, you don’t get any time for yourself
- How to change a nappy
- How to swaddle a baby
- How to bathe a baby
- That babies need lots of attention (we knew this but hadn’t realised just how much!)
- Babies need a lot of things
- Babies cost a lot of money
- You go through a lot of nappies and wipes in a week!
- We learnt about the techniques authors use in children’s books
- We learnt to create suitable toy designs
For most of us this was a really tough but enjoyable week! We will miss our flourbabies but are very glad to get back to normal!